Powered By Blogger

April 20, 2012

The Mummers Dance

Recently, I've been listening to a lot of Loreeta Mckennitt. The first time I heard her, it was in my Mum's Time CD (along with Robbie Williams, Seal and Madonna). I've always loved how folk-like and whimsical her voice is.

The Mummers Dance is one of my favourite songs by her. Tuck Everlasting is one of my favourite movies. For some reason, every time I hear this song I automatically think of the movie. I think about the character of Winnie, how to world was so much different from the one we live in now, and of course the fashion. I've always loved the fashions from the medieval ages as well as the early 1900's.  Unlike the book, the movie takes place in 1914. I felt the need to share my love for this movie, it's fashion and the song.

I would seriously recommend listening to the song and watching the movie!