Powered By Blogger

December 28, 2010

A Model Life

Back in 2007, my aunt and I came across this show on TLC called "A Model Life" hosted by supermodel Petra Nemcova. I immediately turned up the volume and from that day on we were hooked. I featured 6 aspiring models from around the world around the the ages of 16-20, who were handpicked by Nemcova, to come to New York City to try to earn a contract with NEXT model management. 


The reason why my aunt and I loved this show is because it's not like most modeling shows, an example being America's Next Top Model, where the tasks are very outrageous and not what is happening in the modeling world at all. It's not scripted or anything, these girls actually go to the agency, go on go-sees alone, and work like real models do, it was real, and true to the fashion industry.


There was one woman in particular that wowed me, that I still always look out for, and her name is Lucia Dvorská. She is a Slovakia, and started modeling at the age of four and is 5'9.5. She is a sweetheart, that has stunning blue eyes, luscious brown hair, a curvier, healthy body and a contagious smile. I didn't see much from her until the summer of 2009 when I bought the latest Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition and saw her as one of their new models. I was ecstatic. 


I just needed to share the love about this amazing woman and model. 
* note: she did lose wait since the tv show aired but still has a curvier shape 

















All photos taken from www.fmd1.com (fashionmodelsdirectory)












*Speed up to 6:02